If you can’t redeem your gift card in the App Store or iTunes Store, here are some things you can try.
- Gift Card is not valid
- iTunes Gift Card has already been redeemed
- Card has not been activated
- Code is unreadable
- Code must be redeemed in a different country or region
Card is not valid
If it says that your card is not valid, here’s what to do:
- Make sure your card is not an Apple Store Gift Card. Apple Store Gift Cards are grey, white, silver or gold. You can’t redeem Apple Store Gift Cards in the App Store or iTunes Store. Find out what to do if you have an Apple Store Gift Card or don’t know what type of gift card you have.
- Try entering your redemption code manually. When you redeem an App Store & iTunes Gift Card or redeem an Apple Gift Card, tap or click “You can also enter your code manually”. Make sure you enter the redemption code that begins with “X”, not a different number on the card.
- Make sure you enter the correct characters. Some letters and numbers look alike, such as:
- B and 8
- D and O
- E and 3
- G and 6
- O and Q
- O and 0
- S and 5
- U and V
- Z and 2
Card has already been redeemed
If you see a message that says that your card has already been redeemed, you might have already redeemed it. Sign out of the App Store or iTunes Store on all of your devices, then sign back in. This refreshes your Apple ID balance. Find out how to check your Apple ID balance. If you need more help, contact iTunes Gift Card Support.
Card has not been activated
Message that says your card has not been activated properly, it might not have been activated by the retailer who sold the card. The best option is to go back to the retailer and try to resolve it with them. If you need more help, contact iTunes Gift Card Support.
Code is unreadable
Can’t read the code on the back of your card because it’s scratched or damaged, contact iTunes Gift Card Support.
Code must be redeemed in a different country or region
Says code must be redeemed in another shop?, the card was probably purchased in another country or region. You can’t redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can’t redeem it in the App Store in the United States.